Interested in creating solutions for the future?
This position has emerged at an exciting time, presenting the successful candidate an opportunity to play a key role in our ambitious plans for further growth within polymer materials. We are currently looking for someone to join a multidisciplinary team engaged in developing and introducing next generation polymer materials. As part of the team you will provide key competence to address and understand polymer processing and its relation to material properties. This position is part of the global Innovation organization, and an exciting opportunity to work in an innovative and creative environment introducing new products and solutions to the market.
In this role you will lead technical development projects and collaborate with several internal functions including R&D labs, business, sales and marketing. Your tasks also involve close work with external partners as well as customers to solve challenges and find solutions. It is important to keep up with state-of-the art technology and identify future trends of interest within the polymer material area to drive innovations and develop new opportunities with the aim to strengthen and further develop our product and service offerings.
Your main tasks:
- As a Polymer material Technical Market Developer / Specialist you will, together with a multidisciplinary team develop products and solutions and bring them to the market
- Lead technical development projects for new polymer products and innovations, and coordinate activities
- Work with external partners and collaborators on different topics
- Support customers with your technical knowledge around our products
- Provide content to technical presentations and marketing material from your area of expertise
To be successful in this position you are:
- Curious and open minded with the ability to analyze and learn new products, processes and applications
- A team player that enjoys working cross-functional and build relationships
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Capability to build networks and share knowledge
- Interested in understanding how Perstorp’ s unique products bring value to customers
Education and experiences required:
- Materials science, chemical engineering, polymer science, preferably Master level, PhD or equivalent experience
- Experience of work within research and development and practical knowledge in processing of polymer materials e.g., extrusion and/or injection moulding
- Minimum >5 years of working experience in an industrial environment, preferable >10 years
- Understanding of the chemical market/industry is an advantage
- English, both written and spoken
Perstorp has applied a hybrid way of working during the pandemic and aims to continue this going forward. This position will be based in Sweden with frequent presence in Perstorp, some international travelling is required.
For more information about the position, please contact Helene Derand, VP Innovation by e-mail at: Helene.firstname.lastname@example.org
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 14,9 billion SEK and have 1,350 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.