Being a sustainable solutions provider is part of Perstorp’s corporate mission and thereby at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. As sustainability becomes increasingly central to how we develop new products and processes within Perstorp, Innovation sees a need to strengthen and expand the competence within the field of life cycle analysis (LCA).
This role is part of our Innovation organization, consisting of about 60 colleagues, most based in Perstorp. The role is placed in the Chemical and Process Development department that supports the entire Perstorp Group with expert knowledge in the fields of chemistry, reaction engineering and process technology.
Although present in many different countries, we are considered a small company. This means you are never anonymous – what you do really counts. You will have the opportunity to make a great positive impact; by driving change, transforming our production and enable new solutions that will help industries and products everywhere become more sustainable. And if this is not enough - you will be surrounded by friendly, supportive and engaged colleagues!
What will you do?
It is an exciting time with many interesting and challenging projects in the pipeline. The Chemical and Process Development department is responsible for product and process development from the initial screening phase up to up-scaling. The group leads and takes part in development work for new and existing products working with other departments within Innovation as well as the Technology departments. The position as Associate Specialist Process Technology and Sustainability offers a unique possibility to follow the products from idea to lab, pilot and full scale production.
Your main assignments will be to:
- Develop economically viable process concepts and evaluate the potential of different process alternatives
- Perform LCA calculations on behalf of Innovation, focusing on new products and processes
- Independently plan and perform process development tasks, feasibility studies and other development projects
- Contribute with technical skills in customer and technical support
- Actively follow the technological development in relevant fields and identify opportunities for innovative and sustainable products, processes, applications etc.
Who are you?
The position requires that you have a positive and curious attitude to new challenges, good strategic and independent thinking as well as coordination ability. What we expect from you is an open-minded attitude and a collaborative way of working, striving for knowledge sharing with your colleagues. Goal orientation is vital and communication and networking skills are keys for success.
- We believe a technical higher education on minimum Master’s level, preferably in the fields of process chemistry or chemical engineering, is required.
- The successful applicant preferably has several years of documented experience in a relevant area, such as R&D/Innovation or chemical process industry
- Previous experience in LCA calculations is a clear advantage
- Deeper knowledge in process design and flowsheeting is highly appreciated.
- Innovation is a project-oriented organization and familiarity with project driven work is acknowledged.
- Spoken and written English is required.
The position is located at Perstorp R&D Center in Perstorp in the south of Sweden. Perstorp has applied a hybrid way of working during the pandemic and aims to continue this going forward.
For more information about the position contact Matias Kangas, Director Chemical and Process Development 0435-788039. Please send your application no later than January 23rd.
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 135 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,350 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2020 amounted to 9.2 billion SEK.