About the position
Our EMEA team consists today of 18 great colleagues covering and working from 11 counties. Since we at Perstorp strive to develop our employees, one of our German colleagues is taking a next step within the company and we are now looking for a replacement. Our sales organization is part of Perstorp´s global Sales & Business management team and our product portfolio is within Resins & Coatings, Advanced materials, Engineered Fluids and other important markets.
In this role you will report to Sales Director Intermediates EMEA, collaborate close with your Sales colleagues, Business managers, Customer Service, Technical Sales Support and other internal stakeholders. Your main responsibility is to build and manage strong relationships with your customers within the EMEA region, to drive profitability and the long-term value of your accounts. One of your responsibilities will also be to maximize performance for Perstorp´ s products by identifying new customers and new opportunities in existing customers.
What will you do?
In order to maximize margin and profitability for each of your customers with main product portfolio of Plasticizers, Plastic additives, Alcohols and Acids your tasks, among others, will be:
- Development of annual sales strategy and targets, account plans and budget as well lead and execution of these
- Development of market action plans, market segmentation and information, forecast and business trends
- Development and recommendations on customer acquisitions strategies as well customer profitability targets
- Managing and organizing sales activities and resources within EMEA region and your accounts
- Efficient territory planning and regulars customer visits
- Mitigation activities and proactivity when deviating from strategic plans
- Execute on decisions related to claims and complaints
Who are you?
As long-term relation with our customer is important for us as well further development of our sales portfolio and products, your ability to build strong relationships and creative, positive approach to sales will be two strong skills that we see you possess. Other qualifications for this job will be:
- Educational background in Chemicals/Engineering/Business
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in Sales or commercial areas
- Experience from Sales strategy, planning and execution
- Experience from developing new segments and markets
- Influential sales and communicational skills
- Data management and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel as needed (approximately 70 days/year) within EMEA.
- Knowledge of the management systems PACE, SalesForce, Cognos, Windows.
- Product knowledge including some application knowledge
Fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
The successful candidate will be able to build relationships at all levels within the customer, from commercial, marketing to technical. You should have a belief in a strong sustainable future, and be able to promote Perstorps sustainable products with vigor and passion. Strong negotiation skills and a full understanding of the buying process are essential. Resilience, reliability, professionalism and an eye for detail will be a major part of your personality. Fluency of German and English is mandatory, both spoken and written knowledge.
What can we offer?
- At Perstorp, we lead with our heart and show concern for each other and for the world around us. Care is core of our company´s value. We want to take responsibility and keep what we promise. We constantly strive to work smarter and better. If you share these values, we think you'll be happy with us!
This is a key role within the sales team, you will be responsible for some regional key accounts, sales accounts and development accounts. Your success will be our success. You will be welcomed into a dynamic, energetic and successful team. “In my role, I really appreciate the level of empowerment, trust and freedom. It really feels you´re having a true impact about the company success. On top, there is a big dynamic with a high level of transparency within Perstorp” – current Sales Manager quote.
- The position is preferably based in Germany since main customers that this role is covering are based in Germany. We can also see The Netherlands as a possible base. Though, your workplace will be your home-office and the customer visits occurs according to you planning.
- This role is permanent.
- You are welcome to contact David Turner, Vice President Sales EMEA at David.firstname.lastname@example.org or Gisela Steves, Sales Director Intermediates at Gisela.email@example.com, if you have any questions about the position and the process.
- Welcome with your application as soon as possible but no later than 10th February 2023. We will conduct interviews continuously during the application process.
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 135 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,430 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2021 amounted to 13.5 billion SEK.
Learn more at www.perstorp.com