You'll find Perstorp's products everywhere, from your mobile phone to the local dairy farm, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development leading high-growth niches such as powder and UV-cured coatings, plasticizers, synthetic lubricants, grain preservation and animal gut health. Perstorp is committed to its operations contributing to a sustainable development with regard to economic, environmental and social aspects. Our vision is to actively and continually improve our products and business practices in order to uphold the highest standard of respect for the environment, the rights of people, ethical behaviors and transparency.
We're currently looking to expand our Advanced Analytics team with another Advanced Process Control resource. As a vital member of the Advanced Analytics team within the Industrial Digitalization department, you'll actively participate in cross-global engagement and collaboration with colleagues. Your role will involve driving enhancements that directly impact the efficiency and stability of our operations.
Why you should apply
If you're seeking a dynamic role that provides abundant prospects for growth in the realms of Advanced Process Control, coupled with hands-on involvement in genuine production applications and plants, then your search ends here!
About the position
You will be an essential part of the agile Advanced Analytics group within the Industrial Digitalization team. In your team, you will have two colleagues with extensive process control knowledge and experience, providing a great learning opportunity. Working closely with your teammates, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping our short and long term priorities and driving their successful execution. Your role will have a global reach, involving meaningful interactions with stakeholders across various sectors of the company.
You will be empowered to play an integral role in shaping our future. This involves proactively identifying areas of potential growth, engaging with our peers, and fostering collaborations with external partners, including academic institutions. Our commitment is to maintain a position at the forefront of our industry.
- Analyze process control and optimization solutions, existing and new
- Interact with subject matter experts to understand the processes, requirements and needs
- Develop process control solutions that align with requirements and objectives
- Utilize available data for supporting conclusions and recommendations for improvement
- Oversee the implementation and progress of control enhancements
- Commission new control solutions: identify process models, tune controllers and evaluate
- Be part of the “Process Control Center of Excellence” at Perstorp
- Play a role in shaping the future roadmap for Advanced Process Control
- If you are interested, you are also encouraged to participate and provide in the Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence areas too
- MSc in Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge in automatic control, control theory, system identification, statistics
- Proficiency in Matlab or Python programming language
- Problem-solving orientation with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Strong communication abilities, both in English and Swedish
Bonus points for:
- Experience from or applicable to the chemical industry
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
What can we offer?
Care Culture & Great place to work and develop
At Perstorp, we lead with our heart and show concern for each other and for the world around us. Care is core of our company´s value. We want to take responsibility and keep what we promise. We constantly strive to work smarter and better. If you share these values, we think you'll be happy with us!
Global reach with strong local presence and stable owner
World leader in several sectors of the specialty chemicals market. Present in 26 countries and production plants in Europe, Asia and North America. Stability in having an industrial, long-term owner in PCG/ Petronas. Having global presence will allow you participation in international investments and development projects.
- Position based in southern Sweden with home office in Perstorp town
- Hybrid work setup, 2-3 days in office per week
- Travel opportunities, approximately up to 10% of the time
- For more information about the position, contact Mohammed Adlouni, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Kristina Åstrand, email@example.com.
Please apply to the position via Apply on-line as soon as possible. We will meet candidates continuously.
Perstorp believes in improving everyday life – making it safer, more convenient and more environmentally sound for billions of people all over the world. As a world leading specialty chemicals company, our innovations provide essential properties for products used every day and everywhere. You’ll find us all the way from your car and mobile phone to towering wind turbines and the local dairy farm. Simply put, we work to make good products even better, with a clear sustainability agenda.
Founded in Sweden in 1881, Perstorp’s focused innovation builds on more than 135 years of experience, representing a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. Perstorp has approximately 1,430 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2021 amounted to 13.5 billion SEK.
Learn more at www.perstorp.com